Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Newbie with what looks like some A7's

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Re: Newbie with what looks like some A7's

    wrt: he also threw in 2 vintage JBL d140 15" speakers (one works)

    I might be interested in them if you're not. Please send a PM if interested!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Conrad55's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2011
    Location
    Osceola, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Newbie with what looks like some A7's

    PM sent to your inbox

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Newbie with what looks like some A7's

    What is the 421-8B? I can't seem to find anything on it. I know the 8H and the 8LF only.
    Nothing like a great big pair of speakers to make your day.
    [url]http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/calweldon/?start=all[/url]
    [url]www.calweldonconsulting.ca[/url]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Conrad55's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2011
    Location
    Osceola, Indiana, United States
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Newbie with what looks like some A7's

    Not sure, Mine are 421- 8h series II Bass musical instrument speakers

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Cal Weldon's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 17th, 2004
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Newbie with what looks like some A7's

    Thanks for clearing that up Conrad. I thought they must have been 8H's. You had them as 85 and GM with 8B. I thought I had been left out of the circle.

    I have a set of the 8LF's. I wonder if GM or someone has knowledge of where you would use one over the other? Mine are in the 1233 box. It's 'one man' portable but needs a woofer to fill out the bottom.
    http://www.altecpro.com/pdfs/vintage...r%20System.pdf


    EDIT: I wonder if they are the same driver with the LF model on the 16" frame. They sure have similar specs.
    Last edited by Cal Weldon; October 27th, 2011 at 11:56 AM.
    Nothing like a great big pair of speakers to make your day.
    [url]http://s286.photobucket.com/albums/ll111/calweldon/?start=all[/url]
    [url]www.calweldonconsulting.ca[/url]

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Re: Newbie with what looks like some A7's

    Quote Originally Posted by Cal Weldon View Post
    What is the 421-8B? I can't seem to find anything on it. I know the 8H and the 8LF only.
    Dead tired typo s/b = 421-8H S2..............

    GM
    Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Re: Newbie with what looks like some A7's

    Kind of interesting to see where those 421's fall in line according to the 1975 price list.

    2nd only to the 515B in terms of pricing.

    What made the 421's so comparatively expensive?

    Were the ferrite motors initially more expensive to produce than alnico?

    Was there something more complicated or expensive about the moving assembly?

    An inquiring mind wants to know............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.